Asset-Based Third-Party Logistics
When you need assistance managing your daily operations, count on an asset-based third-party logistics company (3PL) to provide you with the flexibility and support you need.
Supply chains can become complicated, especially when you want to scale your business. Outsourced logistics companies ease some of your stress by taking care of all your supply chain operations, from storage to fulfillment giving you more time to focus on growth and customer relations. Essentially, you rent space for your products to live, and the warehouse provides inventory and final mile delivery.
Small and large businesses seek out these freight management logistics companies to help them optimize their supply chains. Often, these 3PL businesses will work with many companies across numerous industries, such as food, beverage, pharmaceutical, perishable and raw materials. However, it’s possible to find providers with a dedicated specialty. Either way, these operations can customize their services to meet your situation and needs.
Benefits of Working With an Asset-Based 3PL Provider
When you work with a 3PL, you’re consolidating your inventory into a single space with a dedicated provider who will handle all your warehousing and transportation. This outsourcing will provide you with unique benefits, including:
- Increase your focus on growth: This additional help frees up some of your responsibilities, allowing you to focus more on customer satisfaction and marketing strategies to increase your audience base. When business does pick up, you’ll have the resources you need to scale your operations.
- Save money: Working with a logistics company eliminates the need to invest in your warehouse space, transportation, equipment and employees to manage your business successfully. Instead, you’ll gain a partner who will manage the supply chain, limit inventory holding costs through industry forecasting and have greater bargaining power with carriers.
- Gain assistance from experts: Asset-based 3PL providers have a deep knowledge of the storage and shipping industry. These professionals can help you streamline your operations, identify areas of improvement and save you more money.
Ready To See The Flagship Difference?
Get started by filling out our contact form or speaking with one of our representatives today.
What Are the Responsibilities of a 3PL?
Third-party logistics warehouses manage crucial supply chain operations to allow clients to focus on other areas of their business. To do this successfully, most facilities utilize a state-of-the-art warehouse management system (WMS) that offers transparent visibility across an entire supply chain, from storage to final mile delivery. This system ensures operations are efficient and cost-effective, handling crucial operations to keep your business running smoothly.
A 3PL’s role is to take care of processes such as:
- Storing: A 3PL provider will receive your inventory from inbound deliveries and sort, organize and store them within the proper conditions. With their experience, you’ll also gain expert advice on when to restock and how to maintain ideal seasonal levels.
- Picking and packing: Orders will go directly through their fulfillment warehouse, where workers will find the items and pack them into suitable boxes. Once workers have the proper shipping labels, they’ll ensure your products get to the right carrier.
- Shipping: These providers will work directly with carriers to schedule shipments, ensuring they arrive on time and in perfect condition. Many 3PL warehouses offer Less-Than-Truckload (LTL) and Full-Truckload (TL) transportation with temperature-controlled capabilities to satisfy your needs.
- Returns: Your 3PL provider will handle all reverse logistics processes or returns. They will accept and process returned items for you, putting them back on the shelf or disposing of them if needed.
Trust Flagship Logistics Group With Your Freight Management Logistics
Flagship Logistics is one of the nation’s foremost logistics companies offering nationwide temperature-controlled LTL and TL transportation services. Over our 30+ years of operation, in addition to being an asset-based 3PL, we have created a relationship-based network of reliable carriers qualified to deliver your shipments on schedule and within budget. We specialize in supplying manufacturers, retailers and distributors within the food industry with logistic services to reduce costs and increase the power of their supply chains.
Our team uses a top-of-the-line transportation management system (TMS) and warehouse management system to ensure your supply chain has the transparency you need. We’ll schedule the pickup and delivery appointments, monitor your products throughout their journey and implement innovative lane optimization strategies to keep your shipments on schedule and within budget.
Working with our affiliate Desert Premium Logistics, we’ll meticulously store your products in a food-grade and organic-certified multi-temperature facility in Albuquerque, New Mexico. We offer dry and frozen storage warehousing and hold capital for Build-to-Suit purposes, enabling us to accommodate any product in any quantity. We can also meet the demands of 24/7 emergency shipments to get your products where they need to go quickly. When you work with us, you’ll rest easy knowing your goods are in capable hands.
Hear From Our Customers
The Flagship team makes my day-to-day in the LTL world so much easier given their expertise and knowledge of the industry. The team is wonderful to work with - responsive, quick to offer solutions, and always willing to go above and beyond to ensure excellent execution and customer service.
Dairy Farmers of America
Request Your TL or LTL Freight Quote Today
Whether you need access to refrigerated LTL transportation or plan on scaling your business, Flagship Logistics Group can help. For more information or to receive your LTL freight quote, call our team at 800.886.9094 or contact us online today!
How Can Flagship Logistics Group Help You?
Interested in partnering with Flagship Logistics Group? Please contact us!